Thimphu festival is one of the biggest festivals celebrated for three days. During the three days festival, masked dances are performed depicting many religious events from the life of Guru Rimpoche. People from all walks of life come to attend festival in their best attire and it is moments to rejoice and to be seen. You will sit around with the local, talk to them and take pictures of the festival. Thangbi Mani festival is one of the most popular festivals held in Chhoekhor Gewog in Bumthang. The highlight of the festival is the fire blessing (Mewang) ceremony, performed in an open ground
Highlights of The Trip
- Witness Thimphu Festival : The Annual mega event in the capital city of Bhutan
- Experience and visit Western regions of Thimphu, Paro and Punakha
- Tiger’s Nest/Taktsang Monastery. Hanging onto a precarious almost vertical mountain cliff, it’s a spectacular sight in terms of location, setting and history and is one of the holiest sites in the Buddhist arena.
- Visit Dochula Pass and enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of the Himalayas
- Visit Tashi Chodzong or the fortress of the Auspicious Religion – the office of the Dragon King of Bhutan